Sunday, January 31, 2010

Assistive Technology

This week I found that creating my Newsletter was very informative. I knew of many options for Assistive Devices in Technology but was surprised at what I was able to find for Motor Coordination. I think that both School Libraries and Public Libraries should both have availabilities for this technology. I have noticed while working in an elementary school that more and more students are challenged in some way. Special education classes could benefit highly from assistive technology in many ways. It is very interesting that some schools are fortunate to have the availability of funds to provide these devices whereas others do not. Budgets definately play a significant role in what is made available but I think that schools have to be more proactive in seeking out other means for funding such as Grants. On to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment