Wednesday, January 20, 2010

richardson and simpson chapters 2

Wow, I was a little surprised by both these chapters this week. First to Richardson, Weblogs. This is my first time using a blog and I am finding that I really enjoy this. What I did not realize is how many functions a blog can serve especially in Education. I am now clearly understanding what a wonderful tool this can be for both teachers and students, although I do wonder about editing their content. For teachers I feel blogs are a wonderful opportunity to stay connected with fellow teachers and to share ideas. For students I feel that blogging can serve two purposes, educating and socializing and I feel there is a divided line between both. I think it is important if a teacher is going to use a blog in their classroom that the students be taught the proper way utilize them to their highest potential. Ok enough about blogging now on to Simpson. I do have to admit that all the copyright issues and laws disscussed in the first two chapters make one a little nervous about accidently violating them. Although Simpson does outline the laws clearly. I think it is important for an educator to understand basic copyright laws and to abide to them as best as possible. The penalties one might face were much steeper then I expected and the infringements were surprising because I never knew there were three different classifications. As I go through both books I cannot help but thinking what am I getting myself into. Technology has changed so much although I am finding new things daily and find it very interesting. Ok now on to chapters 3 and much more learing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment